At Pinterest, our mission is to help people discover and do what they love. As a merchant, you can play an important role in making that happen.
To make sure merchants offer the kind of high quality goods and exemplary customer service our Pinners are looking for, we hold merchants to the same standards as our advertisers. Your Buyable Pins should follow the below requirements and our:
You're responsible for making sure your use of our services follows all relevant laws, regulations and industry codes.
If we contact you to remove Pins that go against our policies, you must respond to us and delete the Pins from your merchant feed within 24 hours. We'll revoke Buyable Pins access from any merchant who gets lots of negative feedback from people on Pinterest. We may remove anything for any reason—including Pins, boards, your access to the commerce platform or your Pinterest account.
Set up a business account
You can create a new business account or convert your existing one at business.pinterest.com.
Share your contact info
Add an email or phone number in the “About you” section of your Pinterest profile. That way, your customers have an easy way to get in touch with you about their orders.
Your profile photo must follow the image requirements listed in our Ad guidelines. This means you can't have things like nudity, profanity or discounts in your profile photo.
If you use Pinterest's conversion tag to track conversions associated with your Buyable Pins, you'll need to disclose that use as described in our advertising guidelines.
At this time, we don’t allow the following in Buyable Pins:
- Customizable products
- Non-physical goods, like digital downloads
- Live animals
- Any product that falls under our advertising guidelines prohibited products and services list. This includes things like:
- Adult products and services
- Imitation and counterfeit goods
- Products from endangered and threatened species
- Weapons and explosives
- Weight loss products
Political candidates running for public office, political parties, and political committees advocating for the election or defeat of a candidate for public office are also not eligible for Buyable Pins right now.
We want to make sure merchants provide the best customer service possible. This means you should communicate clearly and regularly with people on Pinterest who buy something from you.
You must make the following info clear and easy to spot:
- Price and product availability
- Taxes and fees
- Estimated shipping cost and delivery date
- Return and refund policy
Every customer who buys from you must get:
- A confirmation of the transaction including order details, price, taxes and fees, and shipping info
- Your current contact info, including email or phone number
You’re responsible for making sure your customers get the products or services they ordered. You must:
- Securely package your products and make sure they arrive in excellent condition
- List your current contact info—including email and / or phone number—on the packing slip
- Ship your products or deliver your services within the time you told the customer, with a max window of 7 calendar days
Your return policies on Pinterest must be the same or better than what you offer anywhere else. You also must:
- Respond to return requests within 48 hours by giving customers any info they need for the return, including shipping info and Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMAs)
- Complete all returns and refunds within the timeframe you set with the customer (usually 30 calendar days)
- Make full refunds or exchanges for any damaged or lost shipments, unless you and the customer already agreed on partial refunds
If someone orders a product or service that becomes backordered or out of stock, you must:
- Update the listing within 30 minutes
- Contact the customer within 24 hours to let them know the product or service is unavailable, and give them an updated delivery date
- Respond to all of the customer’s questions within 48 hours
- Keep the order open if the customer accepts the new delivery date
- Cancel their order if the customer doesn’t accept the new delivery date
You’re responsible for handling and responding to all customer service questions, complaints, problems and other issues, including disputes. If a customer gets in touch with Pinterest about unresolved issues with your transaction, we’ll contact you directly. If that happens, you must respond to Pinterest within 24 hours.