Our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love. We believe that when people find great products from trusted merchants, it can empower them to do things they care about.
While Pinterest is not involved in facilitating the purchase, sale or delivery of goods, we want people to have good experiences shopping for products they find on Pinterest. We want merchants to offer the best customer service possible, and that includes setting clear expectations about product quality, price, delivery times and return processes. And, of course, we want merchants to meet those expectations.
Merchants are responsible for making sure they follow all relevant laws, regulations and industry codes when they use our service. Merchants are also responsible for handling and responding to all purchases, deliveries, customer service questions, complaints, problems and disputes.
We reserve the right to remove product Pins for violating these guidelines and to shut down feed access from any merchant based on poor third-party ratings or on platform signals such as a record of complaints. We may remove anything for any reason, including Pins, boards or your access to Pinterest.
Merchants must meet the following criteria:
- Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces.
- Merchants must not be affiliate marketers.
- The merchant must have an easy to find and clear shipping policy that displays expected shipping time.
- The merchant must have an easy to find and clear return policy, that displays whether the merchant accepts returns, the process and time expectations for returns, and contact information.
- The merchant must have a dedicated “about us” page detailing their business offering or relevant social media links.
- Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:
- Have poor editorial content, including:
- Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
- Fuzzy or grainy images
- Broken links or incomplete pages
- Have unoriginal content, including:
- Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
- Stock images
- Have domain age less than 9 months
- Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand
- Force users to register to view the products
- Are unsafe or deceptive
- Have multiple ads or pop-ups
- Have pop-ups you cannot close
- Have out of date content or out-of-stock products
- Have poor editorial content, including:
To qualify as a product to be used in a Pin or in other formats on Pinterest, it must meet the following criteria:
- Products must follow our community guidelines and terms of service.
- Pinterest must have current (within 24 hours) and accurate information about the price and in-stock status of the product. This is obtained from daily feed syncing or allowing Pinterest to frequently scrape meta-tags on product landing pages.
- The Pin must display a specific item, excluding services, that is available for purchase.
- The Pin image and description must accurately represent the product.
We don’t allow the following products to be product Pins:
- Financial products such as loans, cryptocurrency, etc.
- Gambling products such as lotteries
- Healthcare products and services including prescription medicines, medical devices and any unsafe healthcare products that make unrealistic promises such as weight loss pills. Over-the-counter medicines are not allowed to be promoted in any market in which they are prohibited to be advertised. See our advertising guidelines for details.
- Any products and merchant practices that falls under our prohibited products and services list on our advertising guidelines, including:
- Adult products and content
- Drugs and drug-related products including any CBD and Hemp seed oil products
- Endangered species and live animal products
- Illegal products
- Imitation or counterfeit products
- Political campaign merchandise
- Sensitive or disturbing products
- Tobacco products
- Unacceptable business practices
- Weapons and explosives products
To learn more about the Verified Merchant Program, please visit our business site.